Monday, June 29, 2009

I've cooled down now...

Well, that was some rant, huh? Yes, I was mad!! But I've had time to settle down and look for the silver lining. So here's an update....

House -- We put the house back on the market on Friday morning and had an open house on Sunday. We have one family who seems very interested so I'm hopeful. They were here a number of times and asked a lot of great questions so we are ever hopeful. I'm sure our agent will be contacting all of the families who came by to see if they are interested. So, as with everything else, we wait patiently until we hear more!

Job -- The Northern California job is looking very promising. The people out there have gone above and beyond in everything they've done to convince Lance that he would love it there. They are pushing for me to go out too so I can get a feel for that part of the country. I think they really want Lance on board and are willing to help as much as they can. Our only real issue with them is that the cost of living/housing is so much more expensive and we fear we'd live pay-check to pay-check rather than the way we live now. Lance has really enjoyed talking to them and trying to work it all out so we may end up going out there next week after 4th of July.

Late last week, Lance also spoke to a company in California who are opening a new studio and they are interested in him too. He left for California yesterday... had a miserable trip out there (he missed two flights -- the first one due to an error at the airlines and the connecting due to a delay of the first one) He was supposed to land at John Wayne airport at 1pm-ish but ended up arriving at 7:30 pm. He was so tired and frusterated but at least he got there before this morning's interview. Keep your fingers crossed for a great day for him today!!

So that's it for now... More later, I'm sure!

1 comment:

  1. Kathy Klisch says: Beth: I can imagine the frustration you and Lance have been going through. What a roller coaster. It's like going to the top and just sitting there until it decides to go down. I sure hope you guys have some good luck selling the house and Lance landing eitherone of the jobs in California. Believe me you will like it there, even though I know how expensive the houses are. They are sooooooooo overpriced. My son Stephen lives in San Luis Obispo and muy niece in San Diego. She lives in Rancho Bernardo..They lucked out when they moved there. They have one little girl. I know how anxious you are to get this all behind you and all the stress that goes with it all. We wish you all the luck and happiness you both are so deserving of. Good Luck. Don't worry, it will work out soon. Fondly Kathy

    ReplyDelete