So, did you ever want to know how they make a railing for a curved stair? Here's how... The pieces are thin and they glue them together (they call it bending the rail). Here you see 30 vices for the right side and about 12 for the left side. They bolt pieces right angle pieces of metal to the stairs and then bend the rail to match the curve.Today, they put in all the support pieces and cleaned up the drywall that had to get cut down. They also installed the trim on the outside edge of the stairs
So tonight, we have no railing... yikes! The kids and Sadie are not going up there without an adult. We should get the railing up tomorrow and the balusters by Wednesday. I'm ever hopeful.


Kathy said: WOW! I guess the kids sure need one of you to go up and down. I know I would even be a little scared. It will be done and be beautiful. Amazing how they do it. Be careful you guys...........Don't try it in the dark...It is cold here and we have had some snow and tomorrow an ice storm. Just what we don't need. Can't wait to see the stairs finished. Kathy
ReplyDelete