So, when we bought this house, my main complaint was the stairs. They are not my style at all. I like the more classic look with a railing and balusters. So, despite the fact that we won't get any of this back if we ever sell the house, we decided that it was not fun to live with one big glaring thing that bothers us.
So, the workers are coming on Monday to start the construction. To save money, we agreed to do the demolition and will paint the finished product.
I wanted to document the change since I really think it's going to be a big one so here we go....
This is the stairs from the front door. As Lance said, they kinda look like a water slide.

This is the view from the top of the stairs to the living room and front foyer.

This is the view from the living room.

So I'm working today on the demo...
Here's how far I've gotten so far..
Step #1: Pull up the carpet.
Step #2: Start smashing out the drywall!!
Kathy said: Beth, I LOVE IT. What a great way to work out any frustrations is to demolish the stairs..........Good job. Yeah! Lance is right it does kinda look like a water slide, but you might as well do and have what you like more. Maybe you should go on Extreme Makeover. Really, I am sure when it is done it will be beautiful........We miss your Rudolph in your yard....Lights are up all around here and it looks pretty........Take care. Kathy
ReplyDelete