Thursday, June 11, 2009

News on both fronts...

We have news on both fronts...

I'll start with the house...
Our first offer has been in limbo since the last post (5/18) after we breezed through the inspection. We have been waiting on the appraisal for almost a month. We gave the buyers a three-day cancellation notice last Friday. And unfortunately, they have not been able to get the appraisal done. With a 2nd contract in the background which we did not want to lose, we decided to move on to them. Hopefully the 2nd buyer will get through the inspection quickly and the appraisal (whenever it is actually done) will stand because both are FHA buyers. The one good thing is that we'll have the flexibility of more time... The 2nd buyer does not need to move until late September but is willing to close well before then.

On the job front....
Lance is leaving on Sunday for a visit to a great studio in Northern California. Lance has had numerous long conversations with the people at the studio and an offer seems very likely. We are very excited at the prospect of the move but have tons of research to do on schools, neighborhood, houses. The worry is that the housing prices are 67% more expensive than here. I've already been in touch with a great real estate agent -- the HR person at the studio suggested I contact her. We've been looking at the neighborhoods and getting a sense of what's available. It is pretty likely that we'll need to rent at least for a while... The hope is that I'll go out there soon after Lance's trip to really get a sense of the community.

We're still targeting a late July move date and will certainly update this blog as needed. On the non-house/job front, Henry turned 9 yesterday and we all had a great day celebrating. School ends one week from today and the kids are very excited, counting down the days!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth, I can't believe how crazy your house selling experience has become. I was so excited that it appeared to be working out so smoothly and then it all went nuts! I'm sorry. I hope that this new buyer will be as anxious to buy it as you are to sell it and get all the FHA stuff out of the way quickly. Can't wait to hear more about the CA job, I would move to CA in a heartbeat if given the chance!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete